-->

Monday, October 27, 2008

Panic First, Then Recover (Your Memory Cards)

Recently I had quite a scare when I thought all my photos on my memory card that included J's birthday bash on it was lost. I was taking photos when all of a sudden, the words "Memory Card cannot be used" or something similar that showed up on my camera LCD. I quickly took out the card, reinserted it, and luckily the photos showed up. But when it came time to download the photos, many of them were corrupt.

I began looking into the reason why my card could be going bad. I think I need to reformat it, according to some forums I've read, and I also discovered a great program (free) that helped me to recover most of my corrupt photos.

Zero Assumption Recovery did a great job, and it was very easy to install. I also found out there are many options out there on recovering your photos on bad cards, but I've yet to test them out. Let me know if you have a favorite!

No comments: